The accident happened just before 9 p.m. on US 190 near Transmitter Road in St. Tammany Parish.
Police say the victim, Mark D. Quillin, was driving a 2001 GMC Sierra westbound on US 190. At the scene, investigators found Quillin’s front-right tire had deflated, and he was riding on the rim when the truck traveled off the right side of the roadway, onto the gravel shoulder and into a ditch beyond the right side of the roadway. After leaving the roadway, the truck overturned.
He was pronounced deceased on scene. Quillin wasn’t wearing a seat belt, police say.
Police took blood samples were collected for analysis.
- Video: Slaughter police officer punches fire chief during incident at gas station; officer arrested
- Five Angola prison guards among 22 indicted in large-scale drug smuggling probe
- How does 92-year-old Edwin Edwards view politics today? Too much ‘acrimony, hypocrisy’
- Gene’s Po-Boys to close its doors Sunday after more than 50 years in New Orleans
- Baton Rouge Symphony to host free open house and quartet concert on Aug. 15
- [Pics] WWII’s “Swamp Ghost” Bomber Was Found After 68 Years In The Jungle (Ice Pop)
- [Photos] Cat Keeps Stealing Neighbor’s Newborn Puppies – Then He Realizes Why(JOL)
- You Definitely Want to Check these Top Covington Lawyers Out.(Top Lawyers | Sponsored Listings)
- Warnings Of Melanoma Might Surprise You(Melanoma | Sponsored Listings)
- [Photos] Drone Captures What No One Was Supposed To See(Science 101)